At present, there is an increasing interest in a complementary medicine, also known as 'Alternative Medicine' all over the world. Many methods are widely used, one of them is the natural herbs used for treatment. Garlic is an ancient medicinal plant that has been used in Chinese, Egyptian, Babylonian, Greek and Roman medicine for over 3,000 years.
From the past to the present, the research studies on this herb by more than 2,500 scientists around the world have shown that garlic contains many important bioactive compounds that are beneficial for health e.g.,
At least 33 sulfur compounds, including Allicin and S-allylmercaptocystein.
Amino acids and glycosides.
Minerals, especially selenium
These active substances are the important factors that makes garlic beneficial to the body, like a medicine for heart disease by reducing levels of serum lipids e.g. total cholesterol and LDL-cholesterol. Therefore, it is suitable for people with high levels of cholesterol (total blood cholesterol ≥ 200 mg/dL). Garlic oil have shown effectiveness in reducing blood pressure, help nurture the body to get adequate amounts of nutrients, boost immunity by stimulating the body to produce more white blood cells. And garlic can also act like a natural antibiotic. It has been used to treat various infections, cancer, and help fight free radicals in the body.
The heart... is an organ that continuously work throughout the life to pump blood to supply every organ of the body. If you have any heart conditions that ultimately lead to heart failure, then your life balance would be lost. Therefore, it is important to seek an effective ways to prevent heart disease starting from now e.g., eating healthy food, especially natural nutrients that help you take care of your heart health.
3 benefits of garlic that help balance the heart.
1. Prevent coronary artery disease.
Because the major factor that causes heart disease is mainly from the accumulation of fat in the walls of coronary arteries. Garlic help lower cholesterol levels in bloodstream. This type of fat is the main cause of vascular occlusion (vascular occlusion). Research studies have shown that the sulfur compounds in garlic especially allicin can reduce total cholesterol and the “bad” cholesterol (LDL-cholesterol). For people who have high levels of cholesterol (total blood cholesterol ≥ 200 mg/dL), policosanol extract along with garlic should be supplemented to increase the efficiency of lowering cholesterol levels in the blood. But in case of people who have high levels of both cholesterol and triglyceride, fish oil (Omega-3) should be supplemented. Fish oil also have an effect of increasing the “good” cholesterol levels (HDL-cholesterol) which is responsible for carrying the cholesterol that are accumulated and clogging the artery walls back to the liver for further elimination or metabolism. If the level of good cholesterol (HDL-cholesterol) can be increased by just 1 mg/dL, the risk of heart disease can be reduced as much as 3-4%.
2. Reduce high blood pressure.
Garlic can reduce systolic blood pressure by 7.7 mmHg and reduced diastolic blood pressure by 5 mmHg.
3. . Reduce platelet adhesion by up to 58%.
Having too much fatty deposits (plaque) in blood vessels, a piece of plaque may evolve into vulnerable plaques susceptible to rupture. Plaque disruption thereby stimulate platelet adhesion to the vessel wall that lead to clog arteries. As a result, an acute heart attack or cerebral ischemia may develop and lead to paresis or paralysis.
There are several methods that can be practiced to increase the body's immunity such as exercise, eating fruits and vegetables, taking vitamin supplements e.g., vitamin c and herbal use like garlic to help relieve allergy symptoms and boost immune system...as
1. Garlic contain an active ingredient, allicin which helps strengthen the body's immune system. Allicin act by stimulating the body to produce white blood cells such as macrophages and T-lymphocytes. When our body has more white blood cells, it will help relieve and reduce allergy symptoms.
2. Medical properties of garlic is an antibiotic-like effect that kills bacteria, virus and fungi. Therefore, garlic help strengthen immunity, reduce allergy and chronic respiratory symptoms e.g., colds, asthma, sinusitis, ear infections, etc.
In case vitamin C is supplemented along with garlic, it was found to help relieve and reduce the frequency of allergies, as both vitamin C and garlic synergist their effects in stimulating the production of white blood cells in the body, promotes efficient functions of the body's immune system.
Currently, 'Garlic Oil' is available in capsule form. It is becoming very popular in Europe and America because it is a convenient option for those who want to get fresh garlic. But there is a concern about the smell of garlic that can cause bad breath.
1. It should be the garlic oil extract in a soft-gel capsule as it can enhance absorption and bioavailability, speed up faster onset of action and does not irritate the stomach.
2. It should be manufactured under the international drug standards (Pharmaceutical Grade), so you can be confident in its quality and safety, to ensure that it is free from side effects and chemical residues that are harmful to your body.
3. It should be a product that has been well selected and contains natural ingredients, free from synthetic colors, additives and preservatives.
1.To strengthen the body's immune system, take 3-8 capsules/day.
2. For high cholesterol levels, take 3-8 capsules/day.
3. For high blood pressure, take 3-8 capsules/day.